Friday, October 2, 2015

Lunch on Tuesday

Good day!  We are still moving machines....or rather Mel is.  I am just being nervous.  I will be glad when they are all safely moved.  Yesterday they moved four of the big injection machines.  Today they are moving the largest injection machine.  And I suppose the other machining tools.  I haven't been over there yet.  I went swimming for exercise, but also to relieve stress.  It was a good class.  And afterwards a couple of the ladies wanted me to know that they always meet for lunch on the first Tuesday of the month!  And so I am invited since I have been coming regularly. :)  I think that is cute.  And it is sort of typical of this group of ladies.  They are really very social.  The exercise is a side line I guess.  Not that they are not serious about exercising, but they talk a lot!  And sometimes I feel rude...either to the teacher for listening to the other ladies, or to the ladies for listening to the teacher.  It is kind of funny!  I do think the exercise is helping though.  I am feeling stronger!
I am reading a book for book club.  It is titled, "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee.   It is not as good as "To Kill a Mockingbird", but it is still good.  She has a wonderful way with words.  And I listen to it on Audible as I am driving around.  That version is narrated by Reese Witherspoon.  She does well with it.  I love the southern accent!  I find that I really enjoy listening to books.  And I like the app. to listen.  I usually get books on Kindle and they offer the audible version for a discounted rate.  Anyway, I am enjoying the book.
Well, I guess I am going to mosey on down to the shops....new and old...and see how things are progressing.  I think this is all very exciting.  I will be so glad for a new space.  We will have heat!  Our old shop didn't and we were always buying another space heater trying to heat up our warehouse, so our employees wouldn't freeze.  This is such an improvement!!!  And of course I have been scouting around for a corner to put my paints.  I would love to have a painting space.  Anyway....hope all is happy and bright!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I will look forward to learning how the final part of the move went. I love that you are enjoying the exercise class and these women sound interesting. You should go to lunch with them. Hope your day went well. Hugs!