Thursday, October 1, 2015

Persian Blue

Good morning!  Today is moving day for our business.  We turned off the power to our machines yesterday, and Mel and the other men began moving all of the wiring to the other building.  Today the electrician will hook up all the electricity at the new building and then carefully hook up each machine as they move it over.  I think we are all a little nervous about this.  Last time we moved, a machine went off balance and fell....luckily not hitting anyone.  But it pretty well destroyed the control box on the machine, which Mel spent months repairing.  So I am hoping and praying that all goes well without any accidents.
My job is to contact all of the utilities and get them changed into our company name.  I would have done this sooner, but we only got our permission to occupy yesterday from the city.  It shouldn't be too difficult.  I am happy to be a part of the process.  It is kind of exciting.  I will have to take some photos to add later.  I really haven't taken too many....except one I took last night of Mel snoring on the couch.  It was so funny!  But I erased it and promised I would not post it anywhere:)  He is pretty tired these days.  I will be glad for him when this is done.
I have been thinking I should write just a little about my new art teacher.  He is an interesting man.  I like him.  I found out last class that he served in Viet Nam.  I think it may have left him with an interesting speech pattern.  At any rate he reminds me of a comic that used to be popular.  He would pronounce words not quite accurately.  It would change the meaning slightly and make it seem funny and unexpected.  My teacher doesn't take it quite that far.  But he does have interesting pronunciations.  For example...paint colors.  It is Persian blue, yellow orchid and Napoleon yellow.  At first I thought they were new colors I hadn't heard of yet.  But it is Prussian blue, yellow ochre, and Naples yellow.  It makes me smile as I write this.  He is such a nice man.  He is a minister to two different church congregations.  He is not preachy, but definitely kind.  I think life has been hard for him.  He had a good job before the recession, but the plant closed, so now he is a janitor at the VA hospital in town.  I am enjoying getting to know him.  And I do think I am learning a few things.  One is that I should just paint what I want and discard all of those educated voices from school.  Not that I should ignore them completely, but I need to realize that art is individual.  I keep trying to please all of those old teachers....who are no longer in my world at all and never even see what I paint.  This man paints beautiful scenes, and he makes many of them up in his head.  It is amazing to me.  Anyway, just thought it was interesting how we are all so individual while being so similar.
So I had better get on with my day.  I hope all is happy and well in cyberspace!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I of course pray that all went well with your move. I hope your husband will not overdue on this one. Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts on your new art teacher. He sounds like a good and talented artist. Have fun on this one. Blessings and hugs!