Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wednesday

Hola!  Things are going well here in my hundred acre wood.  For one thing we still have blue skies.  But looking toward Boise you can see the smoke.
It is really bad.  I had to go into Boise this morning for book club.  I loved book club, but the smoke made me kind of ill.

 I got to leave though, while all of those people that live there are suffering in the smoke.  I had sort of hoped the fire season was over, but I guess I was wrong about that!
Book club was interesting.  We discussed the book by Harper Lee, "Go Set a Watchman".  It was an interesting book.  Apparently it was written before "To Kill a Mockingbird" and it had very little editing.  It was interesting to see how she wrote in kind of a rough draft sort of way.  And we learned a few things...like Truman Capote was her neighbor and they were good friends.  Anyway, it is always interesting in our book club.  I so enjoy being with these women.  But it was a little sad, as one of our members who is 85 is in the hospital with some serious issues.  I have always enjoyed her insights, especially as she remembers the 2nd world war.  She has interesting views.  I hope she can get well again.  It's a hard thing for her I know.
Our shop is gradually coming together.  Today we had firemen.  The fire alarm went off and they all showed up, but no one could figure out why the alarm sounded.  Mel is still at work waiting for the fire alarm people to come to check things out.  I hope they can get it solved.
I am doing OK.  I came home early today and climbed in bed for a couple of hours.  I am trying not to catch Mel's cold.  He was feeling awful today.  I tried to keep him home, but he doesn't feel like he can take time off.  So I guess he'll have to take some time off tomorrow.  We'll see.  It's hard to be the one in charge.  He does have good help though, so maybe he will get a break.
We have started "ponderizing" like they talked about in conference.  My scripture is Moroni 7:48.  "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure."  I love this scripture, so it is a good one to memorize and ponder.  I like the idea of having good thoughts to go to when life gets hard....or just to have in your thoughts.  It should be a good challenge....one new scripture every week to memorize and ponder.  "Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly."  This should help.
I hope all is well in cyberspace.  I'm pulling for you!  We're all in this together!  Take care.  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I really do wish I had a book club to go to. I have been a part of a few over the years. I really like that you have been with these sweet women for so long. I hope your friend gets better and can come back.
I do hope your dear husband will slow down a bit. It is hard to make a move like you both have just done. It always seems that when we have these events it is hard not to get run down and sick. Praying that you husband feels better quick and finds out what is wrong with the alarm system.
I hope the Boise air improves; we may make a trip up there soon to see my husband's uncle.
Blessings and hugs!