Friday, November 13, 2015

Being Grandma

Hello again!  It is hard to write these days.  Things have picked up as far as being busy.  This week I have been watching 5 of Julie's kids while she and Randy travel back to Oklahoma to try and fix up their house for selling.  It hasn't sold and they are feeling the pinch of two mortgages.  So they took their two oldest kids to help and left me with the younger 5.  We're having fun, but it is way more than I am used to doing.  This morning they are playing monopoly....at least 4 of them are.  Nicolas is playing games on his phone.  He's 13 and not as interested in the group.  But the four younger are having fun.  I asked if I could take a picture...


They are a bunch of hams!
Later we are going to see "The Minions".  I hope it's a good show.  I like those little characters, and the kids love them.  
I am grateful for grandchildren.  They help me to stay younger.  Although when I am watching them full time I feel so much older.  How did I ever do this?  I must have been so much younger!!!!!!!  I have to take breaks now to put my feet up!  Yesterday, Matthew (6) asked me how come my hands shake so much?  Sigh!  I don't know....but they definitely do.  
Well, I had better get back to the house work, which all of a sudden is piling up faster than I can do it!!  Take care out there!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Well enjoy the moments on this one. I am like you I love my grandchildren but taking care of them for a few days is hard work. I too wonder how did I do it with six kids. Blessings and hugs for you and those cute little ones~