Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Living on the Sunny Side of the Street!

Guten Tag!  It is looking a little overcast today.  I heard on the news that we are expecting rain and snow by tomorrow....just in time for Thanksgiving.  Luckily we are having our dinner on Friday.  Our son Kenny is flying here and "accidentally" scheduled his flight for the day after the actual Thanksgiving day.  (I'm sure he got a better price on his ticket).  But it is all good.  In fact it makes it so most of our other kids don't have to go to two different dinners on the same day.  It will work out great I think.  And maybe the storm will have passed by then.  And it also makes it so that if I forgot something when I went shopping this morning, I can pick it up Friday....right, when all of the stores will be packed for "Black Friday."  I really try to avoid stores when it is so crowded.  I have even been known to do my Christmas shopping at 4 in the morning....to avoid the crowds.  That is actually a great strategy if you can't sleep anyway.  The service is fantastic and there are no lines!  We did go shopping on Black Friday a couple of years ago.  We went to the Apple store and bought new cell phones and iPads.  It was fun, but sooooooo crowded.
Well, now I get to go meet Mel for lunch.  We usually do that.  It makes life so much more fun!  Then I have to go visit teach our last lady.  She has been out of town until just a couple of days ago.  She is a fun friend.  They are always traveling!  Mostly to Hawaii.  They have time shares there and feel like they have to use them.
I had a most wonderful birthday!  I told Mel all I wanted for my birthday was a lovely lunch with my daughters....at the Cheesecake Factory.  And my wish was granted.  It was so fun, and I really felt so loved.  And then I received so many nice messages on Facebook.  I feel like I am very loved.  And that feels good.  I guess that is one very nice thing on Facebook....connecting with friends that we normally wouldn't be able to talk to...and so instantaneously!
Well, I had better be on my way.  I hope all is happy and bright in cyberspace!!!  Keep your stick on the ice!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh my dear; wishing for you a very Happy Thanksgiving on Friday. It sounds like you should have a great day. Sending these wishes for your family and you! Blessing and hugs~