Saturday, November 7, 2015

SNL

This week has seemed especially busy!  Probably because we traveled home from Oregon on Monday and spent the rest of the week catching up... On sleep as well as work.  I scrubbed and mopped the front office floor before we left. And then on Tuesday I waxed the floor so that it would stay cleaner. I am so pleased that it looks so nice.  Here's a photo of it.
I bought a heavy duty entry rug from the janitorial business two doors down. That was a fun story. I went there to get an acrylic type wax that wouldn't need polishing. The young man who helped me was so nice.  I told him I would really like to find a rug that would help keep the entry clean. He said they didn't have any...except for a big one that was custom ordered but the customer didn't like the color.  I really liked it! And he sold it to me for their cost...about a third of what it would have cost through our supplier.  Anyway we got to talking about family run businesses and the fun of it all. As I was paying he gave me his card.  His name looked foreign, but somehow familiar. "Zeniff". I asked him if he was from another country. He said that he had been born right here in Nampa, but that his parents were from Central America and that his father really liked different names. I said that it looked so familiar...like a Book of Mormon name!  He smiled then and said yes it was from the Book of Mormon.  I asked then if he was LDS?  He said that yes, he had been raised in the LDS church. We both laughed, enjoying the fun of discovering we had something so wonderful in common.  Shakespeare asked, "What's in a name?"  A very thoughtful question. A name can inspire a lifetime I think.  I know mine has. 
I am reading another good book for book club.  It is called "The Boys in the Boat" about the rowing team from Washington who won the gold medal in Germany in 1936 with Hitler in power. I have to have it read by Wednesday and I only began reading it today.  But I am enjoying it already. 
I keep thinking of my dad.  We had a wonderful visit, but too short. I hope we can go again soon. The art class I was so looking forward to was cancelled so perhaps we can go then. The teacher travels out from Vermont. He is so good at teaching!  But he is 83 now I think. Mel said maybe we shall have to visit his studio!  I'd go!  I feel like he knows so much and teaches so well.  But he is scheduled to come again in March. So hopefully it will work. 
So it's late and I'm tired. I hope all is well in cyberspace!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am happy you were able to have a good visit with your Dad. You will always be glad that you spent this time with him.
You did a great job on your floor. That would be a lot of work to clean and wax it. Way to go!
I hope you get your book finished by book club day. i would love to hear more about it.
I think it is always fun to meet someone randomly that are members of the church.
i enjoyed this post; hugs~