Monday, January 4, 2016

A Little Bit Cold!

Happy day!  It is late here at my dad's. He and Barb are sound asleep. The nurse/caregiver is here for the night seated in front of the TV with her paperback novel. I have my own bedroom here. Mel is back in Idaho. He left this morning to go and work on a mold he needs to finish for a customer. I guess he will probably need to make physical contact with his work for a while until he gets things squared away.  So he will be back and forth for a while. I hope the weather improves. He met with some pretty snow packed roads today. And when he finally reached home he found the house was 46 degrees!  I guess the propane truck didn't make it to our house. He sent me a picture of how cold he was.  
Poor Mel!
 I am enjoying having time with my dad. Today we had a great time shopping and eating lunch at Red Robin. My dad has a great love for that place. And all the waitresses know him which he really likes. He does pretty well for a man his age. He really is remarkable. And he keeps telling me how much he likes having me here. So I am feeling very good for this opportunity. I also see how much his love and support helps Barb. They are a great strength to each other still. I think it's kind of amazing. It's a great example to me. 
Well I think I am tired enough to sleep!  HAVVVVVGN!!!  Melody 

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy that you can be with your Dad at this time. You will always be glad that you did. Enjoy the precious moments with him and I am sure he is loving every moment with you. Your poor husband does look cold. Not fun to travel home and then have the home so cold. I really don't think I would be a very good pioneer. I worry about a natural disaster happening in the winter; that would not be good at all.
Well, have fun with your Dad. Blessings and hugs for all!~

LeAnn said...

I am so happy that you can be with your Dad at this time. You will always be glad that you did. Enjoy the precious moments with him and I am sure he is loving every moment with you. Your poor husband does look cold. Not fun to travel home and then have the home so cold. I really don't think I would be a very good pioneer. I worry about a natural disaster happening in the winter; that would not be good at all.
Well, have fun with your Dad. Blessings and hugs for all!~