Friday, January 22, 2016

A Long and Winding Road

So life continues on. The mornings can seem slow some days waiting for my dad to get up. Other days we are rushing to get things done before het wakes up. Once he's awake things get fairly busy. Today he had a Dr. appointment in Roseburg. So afterwards we drove out to Reedsport to get a glimpse of the ocean and then we ate dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. So we had fun. Now we're driving back in the dark. The road is narrow and windy. We got a truck that is fun to drive but it's a challenge tonight! I'm glad Mel is driving. 
Every day is different. I suppose I will get used to this loose schedule. But I think I do better with a routine. 
I'm very grateful for my life and this opportunity to be with my dad. And I am so grateful for Mel!  He's an amazing kind man. I'm very blessed. Well I'm getting dizzy trying to write while we drive. Adios!  Melody 

2 comments:

Jeri Pettingill said...

Seems that while we were out of town you moved! I miss you. I'm grateful you can be with your father when he needs you. Hope it is a good experience for all of you. I'm glad you have a blog.
Love, Jeri

LeAnn said...

I think it is so awesome that you are spending time with your Dad and helping him. You will always be so happy that you did. I like that Mel is with you because it makes it easier for sure to have him helping too.
Always, love to read your updates. sending prayers and hugs your way!