Friday, May 6, 2016

More

I'm sitting in my dad's house watching Donald Trump live. He's in Eugene tonight...only an hour away. He is full of bluster and bad stories. I really don't understand the appeal he has.  I think he is ignorant and bigoted. He won't get my vote!  I am shocked at his poor use of the English language. He is crude and inelegant!
So in other news...I have been painting. Not much yet. But I feel like I have broken through the barrier. I have a painting space again. It feels good. 
Most of my time is spent with Dad...and Mel. We have a kind of routine to each day. I'm glad we are here. And I love our little house. It's so nice to have our own place. 
The other plus is the missionaries. We have 2 sister missionaries and we see them a lot. Last night they came for dinner and brought an investigator. We had a great visit. I enjoy missionary work. It is so inspiring to watch people accept the gospel and the challenge to be baptized. It strengthens my own testimony. 
Last night as the missionaries were talking about Christ I noticed that my painting of Christ blessing a child was right behind them and it made me feel good...like my painting was also contributing to the spirit in the room. It made me glad I am painting again.

Well I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Have a great evening!  Melody




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, dear friend, I do hope you hare having a wonderful Mother's Day! I am happy you are continuing to enjoy time with your Dad. Your painting is lovely.
I love that you are enjoying some missionary experiences; that is the best!
Sending loving thoughts your way today!