Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Coastal Breezes

Good merry morning!  It is great to be here in Oregon.  Yesterday we drove to the coast again to escape the heat here in the valley.  It was 93 degrees when we left and 66 degrees on the coast.  It was very pleasant to sit by the doorway of the restaurant we went to and feel the breeze from the ocean.  I took a snapshot.  This is in the coastal town of Florence.  It is a cute little town, with good restaurants.  This was a new one for me...International Fish Market Restaurant.  It sits on the river by the boat docks.
I am feeling like things are concluding here.  Maybe another month or two.  It is hard to tell.  Barb has a strong will to live and she hasn't given up.  But she is asleep most of the time now, and not able to communicate very well.  And she is so thin.  And cold.  Her room is about 99 degrees most of the time and she is still cold.  Her circulation must be very poor.  It's hard to see.
Well, I didn't mean to end on a sad note.  For the most part things are happy and good here.  I am so enjoying the time I have with my dad.  He is such a good, kind man.  I love that he can hear now.  It helps with his memory.  I didn't expect that.  But I am glad.  I hope things are good wherever you are in cyberspace today.  HAVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It looks like a lot of fun to take a break and go to the coast. When you are caregivers it is so important that you get time away and do things that are not routine. I do think Barb sound like she is getting near to her final hours. I was an hospic nurse for 7 years. When they start getting cold and sleeping a lot; there isn't a lot of time left.
Sending loving thoughts, prayers and hugs your way~