Monday, November 21, 2016

Reporting In

Good morning!  I thought I would report in on my progress with my healthier way of eating.  I am now down to about a fourth of my diabetes medication.  And I have cut my blood pressure meds in half.  I can walk much more easily as my knees hurt much less.  I even started riding my stationary bike again!  And I am down 10 pounds.  So I think it is great!  And I have lots more energy and I seem to think clearer.  So Yay, Vegetables!!!!  And beans.  It took me a couple of weeks to feel comfortable with all the beans we eat, but it's worth it.
In other news we have had a difficult couple of weeks with my dad as he has had a couple of bouts with illness.  He was doing much better yesterday and hopefully he will be feeling great today.  He hasn't wanted to do much except sleep for the last couple of weeks.  But yesterday he seemed more alert and well.  So I am happy for that.  It has to be hard for him.  He tells me everyday that old age is hard.  And I believe him.  So many challenges!  But I am grateful he is still with us.  He is such a bright and happy individual.  I am very blessed!
I have a new calling in our church.  I am part of a team for compassionate service.  There are three of us.  My responsibility is taking care of new mothers.  I love it.  I think I got the best of the responsibilities.  I also keep a list of service in our area, so that if sisters need a service project they can call me for ideas.  We do have a very loving and sweet group of ladies who care a great deal for each other and are anxious to serve others.
Well, I had better get on with my day.  I hope all is well in cyberspace!  HAVVVVVVGW!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

Jeri Pettingill said...

Yea for you. Congratulations!!!

LeAnn said...

I am excited that your new diet is helping with your diabetes and other health concerns. I need to do this same thing for both of us. My husband is a pre-diabetic and takes metformin and it seems to be working but maybe he could go off it completely.
I am sure your sweet day has been grieving; which is hard work. I hope he continues to feel better and happier.
I love your new assignment in RS; it sounds like a fun one.
Loved your update; I always learning what you are up too. Blessings and hugs!