Thursday, March 16, 2017

Organizing My Brain


Me and my mom and Kenny 
Good morning!  I have been thinking of my mom a lot lately.  I miss her.  It would be so nice to be able to sit down with her and just talk!  She was a good listener and I could tell her my worries.  It seems like we were always able to figure things out together.  I miss that....and her....and the beach and sunny weather!!!!!
It is a little cloudy here.  It rained during the night, with a lot of wind.  I am so glad it is not snow!  However, the rain brings its own problems.  I think flooding will be an issue here in Idaho.  There are already people suffering because of the high water in smaller towns like Weiser, where the river has been extremely high.  They are releasing as much water as is safe from the dams. It is fun to see the high water, but a little worrisome for someone who tends to be a worrier.
I have started putting time in at the shop again.  Not much, just an hour or two in the mornings.  Mel is feeling pressure to get his work done, and so I go in and balance books and straighten his desk of all of the filing.  We have a bookkeeper, but she is only part time.  I enjoy being in there.  It's always so busy!!!
Today I plan to go into the shop and then on to my dad's.  He will want to go and get chocolate.  We have found a little candy shop in Eagle that makes rocky road...his personal favorite.  But it is very expensive.  My sister found some at Trader Joe's that is fresher and cheaper, so we may have to change our route.  Trader Joe's is new to Boise and is downtown near the college.  I like driving in there if the traffic isn't too bad.  Traffic has become a real issue for Boise.  It has changed dramatically from when we moved here.  It's still not as bad as Oakland or San Francisco...or even Salt Lake.  But it doesn't feel like a small town anymore.  Progress I guess.
I am starting a new painting any day now.  I have the materials, but I can't seem to settle on an idea.  I think I might take a break from painting people and paint a landscape.  I don't know why that is such a hard thing....to come up with a definite plan.  But it is the hardest part for me.  It is good though, because it keeps me thinking.  ;)  I read an article about painting that said it helped this artist to blog about art because then she felt challenged to actually do some.  I am hoping that works for me!
Well, I am flabbering again.  I think I have so much to say until I write it down:)  Then I realize I do need to blog just to organize all of the random ideas floating around in this brain of mine.  Take care out there in cyberspace!!!  Keep your stick on the ice!!!!
Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I know exactly how you feel. I miss my Mom too. I always knew I could call her anytime and she would just let me talk away all my struggles. I often just have that urge to call and then I realize I can't. It never goes away.
I'm a little worried aobut flooding here in Utah too. I am especially concerned about Sugar City, Idaho where my son lives. I am so happy to hae warmer weather. It feels so good.
I love that you take the moments with your Dad to go find his favorite Chocolate. I hope my children will do that for me someday too. I am addicted.
It sounds fun to be back working a bit with your husband again; sweet!
I would love you to do a landscapte picture. You are so good. I imaine there are beautiful landscapte areas near you. I don't paint of course, but to me it sounds relaxing.
Well my friend, enjoy the resst of the week. I am seding hugs your way!